Friday, September 12, 2014

Cultural shock.

Hello, I am studying Anthropology, and today I going to talk to you about some problems that in my discipline we talk. One of those are the cultural shock.
Cultural shock. 
In my point of view, and taken some concepts of the anthropology, the cultural shock is when; roughly, people of differents cultures take contact, for differents things, like migrations, finding work, vacations, etc. All this process are mediate for many factors, like socio-economic condition, religiĆ³n, the culture, etc.
In our country, the Mapuches are an example of this, an investigation of migration between the countryside and the city that I read recently show this cultural shock. Is an ethnography that show the cultural shock that lived the Mapuches when they arrive to the city, and the changed that they experiment in their culture, having to change many customs, like their social structure, and in some sense, their believes.
An example of cultural shock, in my case,was when I began to study at the University. I come from a reality very different that the university present to me, not only for the change between the school and University, it was a change to knowing other people, other foulks with a different reality, that live in other places and with other conditions. Special cases, for example, are the students that come to study at the University of Chile, from other countrys, like Spain or France, for say someones, that is a change more stronge yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment